Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Make Up Revolution Waterpoof Liquid Eyeliner Review

Friday 10 October 2014

liquid eyeliner, make up revolution, review, eyeliner, black, swatch, my pale skin, em ford

liquid eyeliner, make up revolution, review, eyeliner, black, swatch, my pale skin, em ford

liquid eyeliner, make up revolution, review, eyeliner, black, swatch, my pale skin, em ford

Liquid eyeliner is a product I love and loathe at the same time. Having worn winged eyeliner for over ten years, I'm always on the look out for a new product to add to my collection and when I saw the Make Up Revolution Waterpoof  Liquid Eyeliner in Superdrug for £1.50 I thought it would be crazy to not pick it up. 

What I look for in a liquid eyeliner is a product with a short, fairly firm applicator with not too much length between the lid of the bottle and the actual eyeliner brush itself. I always find it easier to apply products when they're made in this way, as there's a little more control. 

The first test I usually do with a new liquid eyeliner is what I call 'the pressure test' I like to see how it applies with a light hand and a heavier hand, again so far so good with the swatch

With both the applicator and swatch looking good, I moved onto testing it out on the eyes and expected the same kind of results. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I was left disappointed. When applied on bare skin, the make up revolution waterproof eyeliner applies evenly with good colour distribution but when applied over eyeshadow on the eyes it doesn't seem to have the same effect. 

One thing I found a little frustrating with this eyeliner is how weak it seems to apply over eyeshadow. There's nothing worse than having perfectly blended eyeshadow ruined by having to apply liquid eyeliner multiple times to get an even colour and this eyeliner seems to fall a little flat on this point.

Is it an eyeliner I'll be reaching for again? Probably not, and the reason for that is because there are better budget eyeliners on the market that offer a higher level of pigmentation for a similar price.

Have you tried the Make Up Revolution Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner before? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Em xxx

15 comments:

  1. I completely agree, I've found so many eyeliners which just don't seem to work over eyeshadow, especially shimmery ones. At least for £1.50 you're not too out of pocket though!
    Francine from The Graduate Goddess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfect on the back of your hand so it's a shame to hear that it didn't perform as well over eyeshadow, but I suppose the pigmentation is reflected in the price x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish this applied the same way it looks from the swatches on your hand. Shame it isn't great otherwise you'd have found a gem at a cheap price, but at least you didn't spend lots only to be disappointed!
    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swatches look great but I hate it when it doesn't look the same on the eye!

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the swatches look, I was so disappointed to read that it applies terribly over eyeshadow!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a shame it doesn't apply well over eye shadow. I guess for only £1.50 it's never going to be perfect! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a shame, i tend to stick to the collection liquid liner - it's £2.99 but it is great formulation and easy application :-)

    http://bsarahoates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the honest review! I love many products from Makeup Revolution but I found their concealers quite bad so it's good to know the eyeliner is the one to miss as well. x
    Mummy's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    Thank you for sharing this valuable knowledge.

    I've read a lot of blogs, but I've never seen anything quite like this. Furthermore, I'm grateful for the opportunity to introduce myself through your posts. All you've written has left me speechless. For an instance, I've bookmarked this for future reference because it's still really useful, even after many years. You have defined clearly about make-up, I think liquid eyeliner for beginners is the best option for looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. With both the applicator and swatch looking good, I moved onto testing it out on the eyes and expected the same kind of results. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I was left disappointed. When applied on bare skin, the make up revolution waterproof eyeliner applies evenly with good colour distribution but when applied over eyeshadow on the eyes it doesn't seem to have the same effect. hp laptop backpack price , solaron blanket price in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, Awesome article.. i really like your posts as always, you can also try Waterproof Eyeliner Liquid Pen is adorable.
    Much inspiring and wonderful!! Every color looks amazing on your skin tone Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete