Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - 07 Nude-ist Review!

Sunday 10 August 2014






I'm a massive fan of nude lips and when I heard Bourjois had released a Nude shade in their Rouge Edition Velvet Matte Lipstick line - I jumped at the chance to try out the Rouge Edition Velvet Nude-ist lipstick*.

There are eight shades in the Rouge Edition Velvet line, and I've previously reviewed Frambourjoise. One of the things I love about these lipsticks is how easy they are to apply. They go on like a gloss with a wand applicator and I kinda like that. I find that this gives me so much more control over the product and how it applies. 

Let's talk about the colour. In my swatch you can see that applied heavily it's on the sort of reddish pink end of the nude spectrum. However, applied in a light even coat, it is much more of an every day nude shade, although a darker nude than I usually wear on a daily basis it's one which has just enough colour to make a statement without being too fancy for an every day look at work.

Considering I live in nude lipsticks, I was surprised to see that I didn't already own  shade similar to this one, so It has rightfully filled a spot in my lipstick caddy.

The only downside with these lipsticks is that I find in order to get a strong even colour, you need to apply twice in thin layers - as you can see in the image above, one layer just isn't quite enough to get it perfect sometimes. These matte shades aren't heavily drying, but I would advise exfoliating and priming your lips with lip balm an hour or so before applying. This will ensure that your lips are starting in tip top condition which will help the colour to apply and set evenly.

Overall, I love this shade. If you're looking for a Kylie Jenner style lipstick on the high street, then this is likely the product for you. Team it with a slightly darker lip liner for a a true 90's look!

Have you tried any of the Rouge Edition Velvet Shades? Which should I try next?? Let me know in the comments.
Em xxx



10 comments:

  1. It looks amazing on you!
    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the shade. I love lipsticks that have a wand to apply!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so lovely on, and the formula sounds incredible!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried these but I've heard so many good things about them I'm considering giving them a go, this shade is gorgeous too!

    Jess | www.0ldtricks.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of the velvet shades but this shade is such a lovely colour I might just have to! x
    jennyseverydaylife.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nearly purchased this yesterday but you have talked me into trying them. I just wish they wasn't a matte finish, i always find them too dry. I have never tried applying lip conditioner an hour before i usually apply it right before. Great tip.

    Aimee-Leigh xx
    www.aimeeleighmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous on you. As an oddly pale girl, I usually avoid colors this vibrant, but you've convinced me I need to try it.

    www.yousaucyminx.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the kind of shade that would never look right on me I think, but on you it surely looks gorgeous! xx

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shades looks great on you, it's really making me want to buy it although I already own two! :s

    www.accordingtojustine.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb review ! i have read it and really so good this shared Thank you. Image Retouching | Image Masking Service | Image Cropping

    ReplyDelete